I have a few dozen articles scattered about the blogosphere and the Net in general. They fall loosely into two categories: general financial stuff (the first group below) and mortgage-specific stuff (everything else).
General Newspaper Articles
- Provo Daily Herald: Singin’ in the Rain Dec. 17, 2008
- Provo Daily Herald: Singin’ in the Rain Nov. 19, 2008
- Provo Daily Herald: Singin’ in the Rain Nov. 26, 2008
- Provo Daily Herald: Singin’ in the Rain Dec. 3, 2008
- Provo Daily Herald: Singin’ in the Rain Dec. 10, 2008
Scotsman Guide Articles
- HVCC Fact and Fiction, September 2009
- Baby Steps to Being the Best, October 2009
- Build Business by Helping Others, April 2010
- Master the Six Channels of Marketing, September 2010
- Nonqualifying Borrowers Await Your Help, February 2011
- Build Partnerships to Build Business, April 2011
- What Makes a Professional, July 2011
- An Officer and an Originator, October 2011
- Six Ways to Make the New Year a Hit, December 2011
The Niche Report Articles
- Rate Pimping over Twitter: Not a Long-term Successful Strategy, July 2011
- You and Technology, September 2011
- How to Regulate an Industry to Death, October 2011
Keeping Up with The Jones (column), from The Niche Report
- Expansion in a Declining Market, November 2011
- Stop Looking for Borrowers that Fit Your Products, December 2011
- You are Your Brand, January 2012
- Advice for LOs: What do Real Estate Agents Think of You, February 2012
- Fix that Business Card, March 2012
- Don’t Let Technology Ruin You, April 2012
- A Great Crew Makes the Voyage Successful, June 2012
- How To Strangle What You Mean to Save, June 2012
- What is Marketing Depth?, July 2012
- Stacking Goodwill, July 2012
- Backed Into A Corner: How Are You Going to Come Out Fighting?, August, 2012
- A Regulation We Could Actually Use, August, 2012
- What’s Up With REALTORS? Should We Start a Group Called LENDORS?, October, 2012
- Three Lessons I Learned While Upgrading My OS System, December, 2012
Zillow.com Mortgages Unzipped Articles
- Hey, Here’s an Idea!
- RateWatch: Blackjack, Fed Style
- Why is My Appraisal Taking So Long?
- Man, Was THAT Prediction Wrong!
- Fed Phases Out…oh, Never Mind.
- Sustainable? Depends on What You Mean.
- Back to the Future, or What Marathons and Mortgages Have in Common
- But My Rate Was Locked, Wasn’t It?
- Smart Mortgage Shopper (Part 1)
- Refinance Closing Costs Don’t Matter
- Lock Today, or Bet on the Fed?
- The Other QEII (Hint, It’s Not a Ship)
- Foreclosure Moratorium – How Deep Are the Answers
- More Bad News on Loan Modifications
- To Refi or Not – One Simple Test
- I’m From the Government, and I’m Here to Help
- Borrower, Employ Thyself – But First…
- And Now for Something Slightly Different